I was told that I need protein to be able to have lean muscles. Well, I am not really crazy to know the theory and logic behind that. All I want is to have wonderful meal that will help me feel full and satisfied.
And with that... I would like to share my new creation... a protein rich dish... Chicken Liver and Tofu in Brown Sauce.
Well, I know not all people have are crazy about chicken liver because it has an acquired taste. But based on Nutrition Data, it has good nutritional value.
So here goes... you will need...
Chicken Liver, chopped button mushroom, tofu, chopped onion, minced garlic [I used the bottled one], olive oil [for frying tofu], lemon juice [I used concentrated juice in bottle, real lemon is better though], low sodium soy sauce, and for my seasonings... I used Adobo seasoning and thyme.
Procedure: 1. Chop onion and slice tofu.
3. Slice fried tofu into small squares. Set aside.
4. Sauté chopped onions in olive oil until transparent.
5. Add chopped button mushroom.
6. Add chicken livers and stir until they turn brownish in color.
7. Add minced garlic.
8. Add fried tofu.
9. Season it adobo seasoning...
10. ... soy sauce...
11. ... lemon juice...
12. ... and thyme.
13. Simmer until sauce thickens.
14. Serve with rice [but it's optional] and enjoy.