Brown Rice with Cod-ala-Ruthi
Back then, I ate lots of bread thinking that bread will help me lose weight. Little did I know that bread is the main reason why I can't lose weight due to gluten. So when I turned gluten-free I eat more rice now than ever. Well, with moderation of course.
Rice can be boring but with little imagination and creativity you can turn your rice into something more exciting and healthier. And since I want to make my rice healthier I made it fancy but adding some spices that are known for fighting cancer.
Ruthi's "Cancer-Fighting" Brown Rice
5 cups of brown rice
32 fl. oz. unsalted Chicken Stock (I used Kitchen Basic brand)
2 tbs. extra virgin olive oil
1 tbs. ground ginger
1 tbs. ground turmeric
1. In a rice cooker's pot wash rice with cold water a couple of times and drain.
2. Pour the whole box of Chicken Stock into the rice and add the extra virgin olive oil. Cook.
3. Stir rice when it started boiling to incorporate the liquid and the EVOO. Stir again when you see that the liquid is totally absorbed to avoid burnt rice in the bottom.
4. Once the rice is cooked, sprinkle the ground ginger and turmeric while stirring to cover the rice with the spices.
5. Enjoy with your favorite dish.
This is how I cook and eat my rice. Some other times I can be fancy by adding up some chopped veggies in it or some quinoa. You too can experiment and can add whatever you want in your rice to make it "not boring".
--------------------------Food and Drink-------------------------
This is another entry for Food and Drink.
For more interesting Recipe... Click HERE!